Software Development Manager-Spotfire Clinical
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Location : Waltham MA US
Job Description :
PerkinElmer Informatics is a leading supplier of software solutions for the Life Sciences market. Our software drives innovation by enabling scientists to generate, manage, analyze, and communicate chemical, biological, and clinical information more effectively.
Our Spotfire Clinical development team is building the next generation of data analysis and visualization tools for clinical trials and translational medicine. Developed on the TIBCO Spotfire platform, Spotfire Clinical will integrate clinical data with translational medicine results from next-generation sequencing, gene expression analysis, and all other relevant data from PerkinElmer’s industry leading informatics applications. Our goal is to create an integrated data visualization and analysis platform that uniquely enables therapeutic development, personalized medicine, and the promise of “bench-to-bedside” science.
As a Development manager you will work with a team of experienced analysts, architects, developers and product managers to build innovative TIBCO Spotfire-based solutions in the clinical trial and translational medicine space.
- Collaborate with product managers, analysts, and end-users to define solution requirements.
- Architect and design software systems, applications, and modules.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Define, prototype, and jump-start new solutions.
- Analyze conditions and identify strategies that reduce implementation risk and improve system reliability and performance.
- Review quality assurance and testing strategies to achieve quality objectives.
- Direct software implementation activities using distributed teams.
Job Requirements :
- BS CS or equivalent degree, preferably in science (Statistics, Biology, Medical Science, Math).
- 6+ years of structured software development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Practical experience with software design patterns.
- Proven success working with distributed teams.
- Expertise in clinical trial data management tools (Medidata, Phase Forward, OpenClinica, Oracle Clinical, JReview).
- Experience with data visualization/analysis software (TIBCO Spotfire, Tableu, JMP, Matlab, QlikView).
- Working knowledge of statistics and data reduction techniques.
- Data modeling in RDBMS and/or No-SQL environments.
- Practical experience with SCRUM Agile software development methodologies.
- Expertise in Genomics, personalized medicine, translational medicine.
- Expertise in “Big Data” problems and technologies.
PERKINELMER IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.