U.K. & Ireland Pre Clinical Imaging Sales Specialist
Job Type :
Career Level :
1. London London UK
2. Oxford HC UK
3. Cambridge ANGL UK
Job Description :
Responsible for lead identification, lead development, and sales of PerkinElmer’s In Vivo Imaging Portfolio (IVIS systems, Quantum FX, FMT and PET G4/G8). This position will be responsible for sales to academia and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry across UK & Ireland.
The incumbent is expected to meet or exceed territory sales, orders and expense targets for all product lines. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and target orientated individuals who thrive on the independence and variety offered by a field sales role.
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage, however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
- Manage assigned geographic territory with regard to sales activities, including:
- Generate product interest and lead generation by performing cold calling activity
- perform sales lead qualification visits
- Organize presentations to qualified clients with technical applications team.
- quotation generation
- post presentation follow up
- closing orders
- work within the structure of the in vivo imaging team to help coordinate training for clients.
- Setup, maintain, monitor, and cultivate accurate customer files and sales opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Report customer problems in a timely manner.
- Organize and submit expenses on a monthly basis
- Responsible for ensuring ethical sales, and for the satisfaction of customers. Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Aggressively seek out new sales business.
- Accurately process (or help facilitate) customer transactions such as orders and quotes.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the sales team.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- MS or PhD degree with ten years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/
- Scientific background in Molecular or Microbiology is strongly recommended.
- Understanding of the academic laboratory setting desired and Pre-Clinical Drug Development process desired.
- Business development or other sales experience preferred. Full sales training will be given.
- Experience selling laboratory capital equipment preferred.
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Willingness for 60% overnight travel.
- Home office setup required.
- As customers are concentrated in the London – Oxford – Cambridge triangle, preference would be for candidates to be located in or near this area.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.